One of the most dramatic changes Dr. Voge’s Wichita patients can make in their efforts to look younger is a facelift surgery. Dr. Voge has performed thousands of surgeries, her skill and artistic eye obtain results that patients are looking for but are best achieved when patients closely follow the post-operative instructions she provides. She asks patients to take their recovery very seriously as this may help to avoid unnecessary pain and other complications such as swelling and infection.
Wichita’s Dr. Voge knows that the recovery process is not the “fun” part of cosmetic surgery, but it is the most important part. You should be prepared to limit yourself during your facelift recovery. Below is a list of limitations you should keep in mind when preparing for your facelift recovery:
- Be sure to have a friend or family member in the Wichita area with you at all times for at least the first 24 hours, as you won’t be able to drive yourself home after your procedure. Additionally, having someone with you to administer your medication, help you get around, and prepare small, simple meals will make your first 24 hours more tolerable.
- After your facelift procedure you will be sent home with dressings covering your incisions. You should not remove them until Dr. Voge has cleared you to do so. If you prematurely remove the bandages placed after surgery, you risk infection and you could end up missing out on the facelift results you desire.
- One of the most important things men and women can do during their facelift recovery is rest. Dr. Voge recommends her facelift patients take at least one week off from work and other daily activities. Enlist the help of friends or family to take care of your children, cook meals, and do some light cleaning while you’re recovering.
- For at least one week, you should be sure to sleep with your head elevated with pillows or in a recliner. Plastic Surgical Specialists’ Dr. Voge recommends that you sleep on your back and not your side or stomach to avoid putting pressure on your incisions.
- Men and women in Wichita who have had a facelift procedure should avoid bending over and should not lift heavy things for one week. Doing so could cause swelling or even increase your blood pressure and cause bleeding.
- You should not put yourself in a position to risk your head or neck being bumped or hit. This is another reason why you should not pick up small children for a few days, and you should consider sleeping alone for a night or two so your partner doesn’t inadvertently bump into you while you’re sleeping.
- Take your pain medication and know the possible side effects. Dr. Voge will send you home with detailed instructions on what pain medication you should take and how often you should take it. By familiarizing yourself with the possible side effects, you will know whether or not you should drive or avoid other physical activities that could end up doing more harm than good.
- Men and women who undergo a facelift surgery should avoid too much Wichita sun for at least a month. You’re facial skin will be sensitive and excess sun could cause your skin to burn easily.
- After your facelift, you should not completely submerge your face in water until Dr. Voge of Plastic Surgical Specialists clears you to do so. Washing your face or head too early could increase your risk of infection and slow down your healing process.
Call Plastic Surgical Specialists Today
If you’re planning to have facelift surgery and have more questions regarding your recovery process, please call Dr. Voge at her Wichita office today at (316) 263-0234.
She will carefully walk you through the facelift procedure and inform you of the limitations you can expect during your recovery.