For women in the Wichita area who are seeking fuller and rounder breasts, breast implants could be the solution they’re looking for. Breast implants are an excellent way to help women feel more confident in their bodies while also providing a voluptuous, youthful feel.
Whether a woman has naturally smaller breasts or wants to restore her breasts after pregnancy or surgery, Dr. Voge and the Plastic Surgical Specialists team can help Wichita women get the appearance they desire. With her years of experience in the field, she can craft a treatment plan that gives every woman her ideal look.
What Are Breast Implants?
Breast implants are a type of implant that is surgically placed in a woman’s chest to give the appearance of rounder, fuller breasts. There are a few common types of breast implants, including:
- Saline breast implants, which are filled with sterile salt water. These are a great choice for uniform firmness and shape.
- Silicone breast implants, which contain silicone gel that feels more like natural breast tissue.
- Gummy bear breast implants, which feature a thicker silicone gel for a more stable form. These types of implants can be round or teardrop-shaped, meaning they are fuller on the bottom and more tapered at the top.
- Round breast implants, which are implants that are primarily round. Because of this, they are less structured and provide an ample boost to the entire bosom.
- Smooth breast implants, which provide the soft, smoothest, most natural feel in an implant.
How the Breast Implant Procedure Works
Before anything begins, patients will be given anesthesia to help them relax and feel no sensations during the procedure. Once patients are unconscious, Dr. Voge will begin by making a few inconspicuous incisions, either around the areola, under the natural crease of the breast, or along the armpit. These locations help to minimize the appearance of scars and are associated with the highest success rates.
Next, Dr. Voge will insert the implant into a pocket that’s either under the pectoral muscle or right behind the breast tissue and on top of the pectoral muscle. The exact placement varies depending on the size of the implant and the woman’s unique situation.
Finally, the incisions are closed and the recovery process can begin. Women will immediately notice their boosted chest, and after the incisions heal, they’ll be able to flaunt their figure without a care.
Benefits of Breast Implants
There are numerous benefits of breast implants. Women in Wichita who are considering this option may choose implants because they can:
- Increase the symmetry of the breasts
- Give a boost to the upper part of the breast
- Reduce the appearance of an elongated shape in the breasts
- Equalize the proportions of a woman’s body
- Provide women with a boost of self-esteem
- Restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy appearance
Who Is a Candidate for Breast Implants?
Having breast implants is a personal decision that a woman must make on her own terms. Dr. Voge will work with every woman who comes to her Wichita office to ensure that having breast implants is the right choice for her unique needs.
Once a woman has decided that she’d like to increase the size of her breasts, there are a number of other things Dr. Voge will consider before determining whether or not the woman is a good candidate for implants. Women should be:
- Fully matured and certain that their breasts have finished developing
- Physically healthy enough for the surgical procedure
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding, as results may become unpredictable due to natural changes to the breasts
Other than these contraindications, many women can benefit from breast implants.
Choose Breast Implants in Wichita, Kansas, Today
If you live in the Wichita area and you’re considering breast implants, schedule a consultation with Dr. Voge. She’ll listen to your expectations and help craft a treatment plan that will meet your needs. Whether you’d just like breast implants or would like to combine this treatment with a lift or reconstruction, Dr. Voge will figure out a way to get you the results you desire.
Schedule your appointment today by calling Plastic Surgical Specialists at (316) 263-0234.